STATEMENT OF OUR FAITH
1. We Are A Church of Love…Love is the greatest of the Christian Virtues (I Corinthians 13:13) Love is declared to be the chief test of Christian discipleship. John 13:31,35: “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this (love) shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.” I John 3:14: “We (Born Again Christians) know that we have passed from death (spiritual death) unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.” The Christian must love God supremely and his neighbor as himself. Matthew 22:37-39
2. We Are Committed and Consistent Commitment: â€œPledge, promise or duty regarded as a solemn responsibility.â€ Be committed for the Cause of Christ. Hebrews 10:25 “Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together (as believers), as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all more faithfully (consistent) as you see the day (the coming of Jesus)approaching.” We urge you to attend Sunday service and Thursday night Bible Study. Also you should avail yourself to the teaching ministries of the Church, Sunday School, and Revivals.
3. We Are A Church that Evangelizes The mission of the church is to evangelize the world. Matthew 28:19-20, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” We gather to be edified. We scatter to Evangelize. As Believers, we are commissioned by Jesus to be responsible for the souls of those who don’t know Him as Savior. We must witness that others may be saved. Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth.”
4. We are a Family Romans 12:5: “So we being many, are one body in Christ, and everyone members one of another.” (Mutually dependent on one another with love and respect.) Ephesians 4:16, “For because of Jesus the whole body (the church family, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by, the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part (with power adapted to its need) is working properly (in all its functions), grows to full maturity, building itself up in love.” …no divisions …perfectly joined together… same mind… called unto the fellowship. (I Corinthians 1:9, 10)
6. We Are A Tithing Church Tithing is God’s way to open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10). The tithe is 10% of your income. Offerings: Malachi 3:8 1. We give because we love. 2. We give because we’re obedient. 3. We give because there is a need. 4. We give because we shall receive. II Corinthians 9:6, 7: “Soweth bountifully… reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give;… for God loveth a cheerful giver.
7. An Obedient Church We must obey those who are in authority. Hebrews 13:17, “Obey those that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves. Obey your spiritual leaders and submit (yield to the power or authority of another) to them continually recognizing their authority over you, for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render and account.” Jesus was obedient (Luke 2:51; Philippians 2:8) Colossians 3:22, “Servants, obey in all things… fearing God.”
8. We Are A Church with Character Character: â€œpersonal qualities by which others judge or see you, Moral excellence.â€ Your personality is what you show people but your character is who you really are. We must live the life we talk about at Church, and away from church. “Let your light so shine that men will see your good works…” Matthew 5:16. Walk circumspectly in the world (live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people).
9. We Are A Spirit Filled Church a. A Spirit-Filled Church is a church that is led, guided and directed by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Administrator of the Church (He is in control). I Corinthians 12:4-7 b. A Spirit-Filled Church will be a church full of power. “You will receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.” Acts. 1:8
10. We Are A Church that Worships and Praises We must give God true worship. He is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Our Father seeketh such to worship Him (John 4:23,24). “Let the people praise Thee, O God; let all the people praise Thee.” (Psalms 67:3, 110:4)
11. We Are A Preaching and Teaching Church Preaching is Proclaiming…a. Preach the Word. II Timothy 4:2 b. Preach unto them Jesus. Acts 17:18 c. Preach the Word of God. Acts 13:15 Teaching is Explaining Go ye therefore and Teach. Matthew 28:10 a. Teaching them to observe all things. b. Jesus taught them. John 7:14
12. We Are A Church that Forgives God wants us to forgive each other as He has forgiven us. Matthew 6:12, 14, 15 “When you stand praying, forgive.” Mark 11:25 “Forgive and you will be forgiven.” Luke 6:37
13. We Are A Praying and Fasting Church Through prayer and fasting you will be able to flow in the anointing of God. (Mark 9:29) “Praying always with all prayers and supplication in the Spirit.” Ephesians. 6:18
14. We Are A Church of Faith Faith is confidence, assurance and reliance on God, trusting God for who He is. He is all we need Him to be. Without Faith it is impossible to please God. When we come to Him we must believe that He is. (Hebrews. 11:6) God expects believers to walk by Faith, not by sight… II Corinthians. 5:7
15. We Are A Timely Church “Let everything be done decently and in order.” I Corinthians 14:40 God expects His church to be orderly, disciplined, organized, strategic in planning, timely and seasonal.